This is basically a roasting of chicken without adding a drop of water.This looks awesome and tastes really good!!
Chicken Breast pieces without skin - 1/2 kg
Black Pepper powder -11/2 tbs
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Cumin (Jeera) seeds - 1 tsp
Cloves - 5
Cinnamon sticks - 3 medium sized
If you don't have any of above masalas use chicken masala powder - 2tsp (this is better to add even if you have this has all ingredients like armchur )
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
red chilli powder -1 tsp
Tomato - 1 big size
Onions - 1 big size (finely chopped)
Yogurt - 1/4th cup
oil/Butter - 4 tbs
salt to taste
cilantro for garnishing
1.Wash & cut chicken breast into small pieces/cubes.
2. Marinade chicken pieces with salt ,redchilli powder,turmeric powder and ginger -garlic paste & yogurt abt 15 min and keep a lid over the chicken so that gignger-garlic smell preserves with chicken.Mean while cut onions into very fine pieces.Grind tomatoes and make it fine paste using mixer.
3. put a pan on heat,once the pan gets heated add oil .once the oil gets heated add cuminseeds .when cuminseeds are stats spluttering/popping up add cinnamon and cloves & later add onions and stir it for 5-10 min till onions becomes transparent.
4. Add tomato paste and Stir & cover with lid,after 5 min add marinated chicken. Don't place the lid.Once the chicken is started to oozing out all of the mixtures (means all juices/water content starts to accumilate at the ends) stir the whole mixture once and then add coriander powder and black pepper,chicken masala powder and reduce heat to low.
5. Mix well,If you wish to have a little gravy,kee the lid for some time otherwise no need.We have to roast our chicken on low flame.
6. Remove after chicken is thoroughly cooked. If your chicken has moisture (if at all if you keep the lid for some time)remove lid & keep frying chicken until all the water has evaporated & chicken gets roasted well. (Approx 10 minutes after chicken is thoroughly cooked).
7.Garnish with cilantro...Serve Hot.